Friday, February 24, 2012

Citrus Lane.......one of my favorite finds!


Tonight is my usual night to work. Census is low so I am sitting at home on call and I feel compelled to write about my new favorite find. Must be my ADHD. I have tried both Bluum and Citrus Lane. These are monthly subscription boxes directed at moms. Bluum is only for mothers of babies up to 1 year old at this point, while Citrus Lane is directed at children up to 3 years of age. Bluum is considerably cheaper, $12/month at most, while Citrus Lane is $25/month at most. Bluum sends SAMPLES, not full sizes. I noticed a lot of people complaining on their facebook about the size of the samples, but once again, it is advertised as samples not full sizes. I cancelled my Bluum after 3 months because my son is simply too old for them now. Plus i'm just not sure how many samples of lotion and diaper cream I need. I've gotten 3 months of Citrus Lane so far and loved it. Every box far exceeds it's $25 value. The December box included a Stella & Dot bracelet that retails for $30, a gingerbread man cookie cutter, my absolute favorite, Episencials better body butter and an adorable Zutano hat with ears. There was more but it escapes me at the moment. The January box featured organic products including an awesome Pangea Organics lavender & cardamom chapstick, a Green Toys boat for the bathtub, two packages of Happy Baby yogurt melts,2 Plum District $5 cards, and a bottle of Dolphin Organics fragrance free lotion. I was not a big fan of the Dolphin Organics lotion based on the smell, and I let them know this in my review of the box. Two days ago I got an email saying the company was sorry and they would like to send me a new bottle of their lighter, and improved lotion. Thats some great customer service! This month's box included a Babybug magazine, Elizabeth Mitchell cd, P'kolino puzzle stacker, and a Petite Lemon print. This month's box was my least favorite but still impressive. I would highly recommend this box to anyone and everyone(if you can afford it). There's no guarantee you will like everything in it, I guess thats the risk you take when you order a box and someone else decides what goes in it. Still, I've found some great brands I wouldn't have heard of otherwise, and even if I cant afford them, at least I get a full sized bottle to try! Here are my favorite things I've recieved:

 




    


No comments:

Post a Comment