Friday, February 24, 2012

Daycare: the best option?

My son is starting full blown public daycare on March 8th and I am so nervous. Up until now he has stayed at home, and goes to a babysitter who is a stay at home mom of 2 girls. He has no idea how to interact with 50 other kids. He is also not used to not being the center of attention. I expect a hard transition with this. He will only be going three days a week at most, but I know i'm not prepared for all the illness, and temper tantrums. Initially after he was born I tried to keep him all the time, even after I had worked the night before. It was torture and not fair to him to have a mom he kept falling asleep on the couch. I work 36-40 hours like any other full time mom, it just so happens that my work hours happen when everyone else is asleep. So begrudgingly I admitted that we had to find some form of childcare. Our babysitter decided to go back to school(darn her for bettering herself!) so we had to find childcare elsewhere. The hospital I work for provides a pretty decent(from what i've heard) daycare, and they also have a pretty lengthy waiting list. Amazingly we got in though. So now I just wait until March 8th when he starts and see how it goes..................it's tough being an overbearing mom who has to work full time. If it was up to me I would quit my job and devote my entire life to him. It's probably the universe that keeps me working full time so I don't completely annoy and traumatize him.

No comments:

Post a Comment