Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day #1: Daycare

Yesterday I went and toured Sawyer's new daycare, met his teacher, and had all my questions answered. I think the daycare's director could sense I was about to cry, I mean besides the fact that my eyes were filling up with tears, so she offered for him to come today for 2 hours free of charge. At first I wanted to say no, but after thinking about it I realized maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. So today I took him and he immediately sunk his claws into me the minute I went to sit him down. He screamed and arched his back. I knew if I didn't make it short and sweet that I would give in and take him back home with me. He's very persuasive. I quickly left and he had stopped screaming by the time I got to the elevator. I decided to do a spinning class while he was there to take my mind off of him. Only my second time doing spinning, and I felt like I was going to puke for an hour afterwards. The pain did take my mind off Sawyer though. When I got to the daycare to pick him up, I walked in and he saw me. He made a noise to acknowledge my presence, and then walked over to some toys and started playing. He didn't dramatically run into my arms, and he actually cried when it was time to leave! He apparently had a great time. He read 'The Cat in the Hat' and made a striped hat. I'm so very proud of him, but still so sad that he's growing up. They do potty time at the daycare, and drink out of big boy cups. I think perhaps my insecurity in the daycare lies in the fact that I just dont want him to grow up. He even learned to say "hat" today! Here is his striped hat displayed proudly on the fridge:

No comments:

Post a Comment