Saturday, June 2, 2012

Zombie Mode

Ok, ok, dont get all crazy on me. Especially with the recent headlines in the news. Zombie mode doesnt mean I've resorted to cannabilism(spelling?) or the killing of humans. In fact, those recent news stories have made me sick to my stomach. It is simply the mode I operate in whilst working nights. For example, I worked last night 7p-7am. Today at 1015 am I had a hair appointment at 1015-my hair stylist works very limited hours. On top of that she is an hour away. But I rescheduled this appointment once already d didn't feel comfortable rescheduling again. So my husband drove us, I ddin't sleep and we got the hair done. However, my sister is in town from Denver and they all wanted to grill out tonight as well. I made it to that, and about 6:30pm I said we need to go, I am exhausted. We came home and went to the neighbor's house. Just to hang out. He has a toy car collection that woud rival even the most serious Tonka enthusiast. Sawyer was playing with the cars and having a great time. And thats when things get fuzzy. Apparently at 830pm I said-"I'm going to run home real quick." I never came back. I woke up an hour ago- 1230 am in bed, with all my clothes on, teeth obviously unbrushed(yuck). The scary part is, I dont even remember laying down, or deciding, "hey I think i'll go to sleep now". I woke up completely disoriented and went and found my husband, and he filled me in. Is this what my life has become? I feel like I spend so many days off like this-no way to live by the way. I'm currently actively pursuing a day job, but I am taking a Chemistry class in July-September that requires me to go Mon, Tues, and Weds from 1-3 pm so more than likely I will be on nights at least through September. Bummer. I get exhausted from living my life like this. I wish there was a better solution, but right now I have none.

No comments:

Post a Comment