Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just an Ordinary Mom

View HAH-Blog-Hop-graphic (3).jpg in slide show


I'm very excited to try out this Hearts at Home blog hop! Hearts at Home is a group I actually discovered on Google. I'm an RN and they always have conferences for nurses. I started thinking, I would really be interested in a conference for mom's-thats my biggest passion in life, even if it's my toughest role in life. Anyhow, I found Hearts at Home which is a Christian based group of mothers. They hold conferences, and they have a blog and books, etc. Michelle Duggar is one of their main speakers for the 2012 conferences. I love her. I know everyone has their own opinion on her, she's too old to keep having kids, they have way too many, etc. I'm impressed by her and her ability to mother all 19 of her kids. I also feel that if she wasn't meant to have more kids then she wouldn't be getting pregnant anymore. Who are we to judge? So naturally I thought, "I have to go to one of these conferences!" Well, the national conference is in Normal, IL and next weekend I believe, so that was a little too soon for me. Plus thats a good 8 hour drive. There is one in November in Rochester, MN which is a 6 hour drive I believe. Then there is one in Colorado Springs, CO in October. Bingo! My sister lives in Denver and we have never been to see her home or anything. This one is still an 8 hour drive, but we can stay with her, and we can also stop at my husband's dad's house as it is on the way up. I'm excited to go talk to other mom's about their struggles, and also learn about ways I can do better for my family. The topic for this month's blog hop is "We All Have Days When We Fell Like Just an Ordinary Mom-if you could have any super power to help you with your mothering, what would it be?

I put a lot of thought into this. There are lots of super powers I would love to have. Invulnerability would be excellent, nothing could hurt me. I could take on the world without a care. The power to change objects, I could have anything I needed within seconds. Forgot a diaper? No problem, I will just change that rock into a diaper. X-ray vision, I could see what my son was up to, good or bad without leaving the couch. If I have to pick one though, and I do, then I guess I would choose telepathy. It would give me the ability to know why my son is throwing a fit, or feeling down and then I could fix it. Me and my husband could have a disagreement without my son ever knowing, we could do it silently. I could anticipate every need before it ever even came up. This seems kind of trivial I guess, but I have a type A personality. I like to keep a structure and schedule, and know what is coming my way. I hate surprises. In fact I hate getting gifts if I don't know what they are ahead of time. Yep, just not into surprises. It's a no brainer then that this would be the one super power I would want. Unfortunately I am just ordinary. I can't control everything. I have no idea what my son wants when he's crying at times. Some days I can hardly get dinner on the table let alone save the world. I know that it's ok though. As long as I give being a mom all that I have got than I have succeeded. Quite honestly, even though i'm just an ordinary mom, i'm still super to my family. I work full time, make dinner 5 nights a week, clean, do the grocery shopping, spend time with my son, and make sure everyone makes all their appointments and obligations. I don't even know if the most seasoned super hero could handle all that. Even without a super power, im still a pretty super mom.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the hop! I've been participating since it started, and it's always a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete