Saturday, March 10, 2012

Something Positive

Today I am going to post something positive. Mostly because I feel like my last posts have been less than optimistic. Today has not been the greatest day, just an average day really. Lately I am struggling with night shift more than at other times. I find myself continually sleeping and falling asleep. I feel like I am sleeping my life away. I feel like lately me and my husband argue all the time over household chores. I ask him to do things and he says he will, and then never does them. Or they might get done after I have asked him 5 times. I feel like it's a second full time job, asking him to do things. I have tried all the advice from other mom's, make a list of the top 5 things that are most important to you if they get done. We have a list, and he doesn't do them. I have reiterated the importance of said list numerous times and........................he still doesn't do them. I have made to do lists, I have instructed him step by step on how to do things. Still, nothing. This is not to say he doesn't do anything. He usually does the laundry. He usually cleans up the dishes. Well, most of them. He does wait until every single sippy cup in our house is dirty to wash them. Today he spent most of the day trying to get Sawyer to nap which I don't understand. I suspect it's really just his excuse for laying around watching basketball all day. I admit, i'm pretty anal. It's hard for me to overlook messes, and dirt. It drives me nuts, and causes me anxiety. I've gotten all the advice on that as well. The advice that it's okay to let housework go, your kids are more important. The advice that sometimes you need a break. I just cant stand that everytime my son plays with play-dough it attracts a mass of dog hair and crumbs. Or that just a swipe of a rag turns it black. Or the fact that right now the in between of our couch smells like dirty feet. Sawyer puked down their the other day and I have tried scrubbing it, and febrezing it with less than optimal results. My husband is making dinner right now though. Sawyer is happy, and playing. We paid off a lot of our debt this last month. I got into the math class I need to take this quarter in order to start my BSN in the Fall. We both have jobs, because a lot of people don't right now. We have a home, 2 working cars, and everything we need to survive. These are the positive things I need to keep reminding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment