Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Fever

I've got spring fever lately! All I can think about are things and events i want to go to, like baseball games and concerts. I can't wait unitl the pools open and I can take Sawyer swimming. It's so exciting to be able to leave the house without having to get a 1 and a half year old in multiple layers, a hat and mittens. Sawyer is excited as well! He just learned how to say "side", and he stands at the door and says it. He's just as sick of being inside as me. The next two days are supposed to be wet and rainy again though so we will be forced back inside. It also reminds me of all the extra work I have now. The lawn will need mowed soon, there will be yardwork.....................yuck. And tornadoes. I am deathly afraid of tornadoes. I once crawled into a bathtub with a cat and a mattress over us when the sirens went off. The cat did not approve. One year we had a tornado at 2:45 am. It stopped a few blocks short of my apartment..I was at work, in a Children's hospital. I had to sit in a bathroom with an oxygen tank and a 2 year old until it was all clear. A couple days later there was another one and I had to sit in the basement hallway of my apartment and listen to the hail pound the front door. I'm hoping for a mild storm season, although they are predicting a bad one. I love a good thunderstorm though. Just as long as it doesn't produce tornadoes. I'll take all of the bad things about spring if it means I can spend 90% of my time outdoors though. Theres just something about sitting in the sun that makes me feel peaceful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment